Monday, April 19

Chocolate Covered Bacon Strips


An elderly man lies dying in his bed. At death's door he suddenly smells the aroma of his favourite treat, chocolate covered bacon strips wafting up the stairs. He gathers his remaining strength, lifts himself from the bed and slowly makes his way out of the bedroom. With laboured breaths, he staggers down the stairs into the hall and gazes into the kitchen. Here, spread out on the kitchen table and worktops are trays of chocolates, including his ultimate favorite chocolate covered bacon. A final act of love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he leaves this world a happy man.

Mustering one great final effort, the old man throws himself towards the table and lands on his knees. He reaches out a withered hand towards the tray of his favorite treat - when WHACK!
He's suddenly struck with a spatula. "You stay out to those," his wife yells at him. "That's for the funeral!"

(I just had to tailor this joke to fit this picture from Marini's candy store in Santa Cruz, California) Sorry :D 

10 comments:

mangocheeks said...

Poor man. The unfairness of it all.

Interesting. I've never heard of such a combo. I'll have to pass though.

Eve said...

Hi Mangocheeks! I'm like yourself, I would give it a pass too, so maybe it was really fortunate for the old fellow. :D

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hilarious!!!! Oh my goodness, I'm still laughing over here!!!! I love bacon and I adore chocolate. I can't do pork anymore so I have to do the beef or Turkey. There is a store that I go to in low country south carolina in Savannah, Ga and they sell a bar of chocolate with bacon pieces in it. Nobody gets it but me!!!! I could eat tons of the stuff. Something about the salty and sweet that drives me crazy. This was wonderful post. Now tell me where I can get this delicious treat??? he he he he! Great post

Eve said...

Thanks Vanessa!
The sweet and salty mix I do like in choc covered pretezels. Hmmm, now you got me thinking. Where's that place in Georgia? hehe

Pretty Things said...

Oh no she didn't!

But this is the first time I've heard of chocolate covered bacon and now I want some. And that's so unfair.

Eve said...

Hello Pretty Things! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the bead work that you do. And your blog is awesome! For the work you do, you deserve 2 chocolate bacon strips. :)
And no, it wasn't fair, was it? heehee

Kella said...

What a good one, Eve where do you find them, must admit even if I was a meat eater the thought would not appeal though.

Isn't Pretty Things creations inspiring, the bright colours of her jewellery always cheers me up.

Eve said...

Hi Kella,
I'm just loving meeting new creative people on Blogger. Pretty Things' work is fantastic!

My Adoption Chronicles said...

Believe it or not I made Bacon Ice Cream from scratch. IT WAS NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to cook too and play around with all kinds of recipes but this is one that I definitely could have passed up!

Eve said...

No way! Bacon Ice Cream? Who dared you? I love your bravery! :D :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...