Thursday, April 15

Coconut Cookie-Balls and Almond Sandies

Baking cookies is a thrill. It’s quick, it’s simple, it thrills your senses, and I dare say it’s just about fail proof. Oh, yes, and they are delicious!

My ingredients included Splenda which is a sugar substitute, ideal for diabetics like myself. The cookies are really buttery so they aren’t diet cookies by far, just sugarless.

The two following recipes are a combination of different ones, tweeked and twisted into perfection. I can now say they are my own concoctions.


Coconut Cookie-Balls
Get 3 bowls
1 cup of softened butter
1/2 cups of Splenda (or sugar)
1 medium egg
2 tablespoons of cold water
1 teaspoon of lemon extract (optional)
2  1/2 cups of plain flour
3/4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of flaked dried coconut


In first bowl cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl crack your egg, (I always do this separately in case there’s something in the egg that’ll make a woman scream). Beat the egg, add the water and lemon extract, then combine your two bowls into one. In third bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and coconut. Combine everything together, stirring with a knife, then mush with fingers.

Roll the dough into balls in the palm of your hand. Make all different size balls and place on an un-greased sheet or pan.

Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated over at 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes then much out!


Almond Sandies
(You can also use Pecans or Walnuts)
Get 3 bowls
1 cup of softened butter
1 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of Splenda (or sugar)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 cups of plain or all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of chopped almonds

In first bowl cream together the butter, vegetable oil and the sugar until smooth. Crack eggs into second bowl, whip and then ad the vanilla to it. Combine both bowls into one. In third bowl mix your flour, baking soda, salt.


Combine all of the ingredients, then mix in the almonds. Roll the dough into balls in the palm of your hand. Place balls onto un-greased sheet or pan, 2 inches apart. Take a fork and flatten the balls leaving fork tracks for effect. (All professional like)

Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven set at 190 degrees C (375 degrees F) or until you see cookies browning around their edges. You don’t want them to brown all over because then they’ll taste burnt.

Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes then much out!
My hubby approved of the finished product. We all did. It was Awesomely delicious if I do say so myself.

This pic shows just half of the batches that came out of my dough mixtures.

Let me know if you give these a try. All the best.  Eve

QDTAH58PADFH

7 comments:

mangocheeks said...

Ah I see the first class husband sign of approval. I have been thinking about making some biscuits recently. These may just be them. I am very curious about the coconut cookie balls. MMM I wonder if I have any coconut in my storecupboard. Thank you for sharing your recipes.

Eve said...

Thank you mangocheeks! Yes, my husband approved so much he bought me a biscuit container today so that I can keep making more. heehee.

I hope you enjoy the recipe, :D

Stesha said...

Big fan of coconut here! My family not so much. Oh, well...more cookies for me.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Eve said...

Hi Stesha,
Thanks for stopping by. I can't see how coconut isn't to everyones' taste, it's sooooo crazily gooood. :D Enjoy those cookies all to yourself.

Dom said...

I can confirm they're DEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!

Kimmie said...

You got my attention with the word coconut...yum. I bet these are tasty. I will have to give them a go, once we settle home with our newest daughter from Ethiopia. Hopefully she will be a coconut fan too!

Nice to meet you Eve!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 3/4 adopted!

Eve said...

Thanks Dom! I can confirm that you are awesome!! :D

Hello Kimmie, thank you for visiting!! I can't wait to read more about your new daughter. Maybe she'll love coconut like yourself :D
You have a wonderful blog, I will visiting often. Nice to meet you too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...