Thursday, May 20

Eve's Chowdown Ginger Cookies

These cookies are Awesome! If you're in the mood to munch on moist, spicey, surprisingly rich and delicious cookies, this is your recipe to keep.  This recipe makes 2 dozen plump cookies.

Eve's Chowdown Ginger Cookies (2 Dozen)

3 bowls would be useful (all of my cookie recipes seem to require 3 bowls for some reason :)

In bowl 1 combine:
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (280 grams in UK)
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp of allspice
1/4 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
3 tsp of ground ginger

In bowl 2 cream together:
3/4 cup of margarine of butter softned (170 grams in UK)
1 cup of packed white or brown sugar or artifical sweetner (225 grams in UK)

In bowl 3 whip together:
1 egg
3 table spoons of orange juice or water
1/4 cup of syrup or sugarfree syrup or molasses (4 table spoons in UK)

Now mix everything together and whip it like it bit ya!
Wrap mixture in cling film to refridgerate for at least half and hour, otherwise the mixture would be too sticky to work with.

Once cold, roll cookie dough into walnut size balls, then flatten with a spoon on non-greased sheet. (With this batch I've added a small spoon full of strawberry jam in the center of each)

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in pre-heated oven
Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Let cool and marvel the really cool crackles on the cookies. Enjoy them warm, and with a nice tall, cold glass of milk. Mmmm. Yummy!

11 comments:

Uma Preve said...

I want it all!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Kimmie said...

Those look soft and yummy. My mum makes ginger/molasses cookies and ices them with a confectionary sugar glaze...oh yum.

thanks for sharing
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Cheryl Lynn said...

Boy, do these look scrump-tili-itious! And ginger is good for the soul.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog with your kind comments. I hope you come back and visit again. Your blog is beautiful and inspiring. Yes, God is good all the time!

Have a great weekend, my dear.

Eve said...

Hi Uma, haha, you are very petite but you want all the cookies? You're so funny. Thanks! :D

******************************

Hi Kimmie, your Mom sounds like a great baker. I've never used molasses, but sugar free syrup can taste the same I was told. Thanks for visiting me!! :D
******************************

Hi Cheryl Lynn, thank you for visiting. I love your blog and will indeed visit often. I'll bring cookies! :D

Rotterdam said...

I wil try to make this ,soon.
i like cookies

Eve said...

Hi Sofia, I like cookies too, or biscuits as they are called here in England. It's my favorite thing to make since I'm horrible at baking cakes. Do enjoy this recipe!

Kat said...

I am now officially hungry!!!

Eve said...

Hi Kat!
Yes, and these cookies can satisfy the munchies very well. Welcome to my blog!

Dom said...

I confirm these cookies constitute a major yummy scenario!

Eve said...

Thank you my Darling,
You're not too bad in the kitchen yourself! :D

Faith said...

looks so good! your blog makes me hungry! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...