Wednesday, June 16

Crafting for a Great Cause

Dolly Donations Sending Love to Children in Need

Several posts ago I wrote about how my husband and I would love to be parents, and how we both have the heart for adoption. I've been following families, and have wonderful followers on this blog, who not only have hearts for adoption but have adopted, and are advocates for orphans around the world. And I must say, I've never been SO happy to read about the wonderful homecomings of little ones leaving orphanages and settling in to their new homes.

For all those who are still waiting for their adoption process to be complete, when I make comments on your blog saying that I include your process in my prayers, those aren't just words to replace 'wishing you well.' I honestly pray for you. 

What's stopping my husband and I from starting our adoption homestudy is, well, quite a few things, all of which I can't go into, but a major factor being economical holdbacks. We seriously doubt we would be approved concerning fostering and adoption. But God is good and we're looking forward to breakthroughs and working towards better days.

So I've been thinking, "Well, if we can't take in children at this point in time, what could I do to help orphans, and families who are adopting?" For families I know I can support them with an encouraging word and prayer. With orphans, I had no idea.

Until I found Dolly Donations!

I'm a crafty person who loves making things, and for the last month I've really wanted to make dolls. For years I've collected dolls because they give me such joy, probably residue from childhood. We'll just yesterday, I came across a dolly website that totally blows me away. Dolly Donations is exciting to my soul on so many levels! 

The website is headed up and was created by lovely Sarah, who would love for caring people to make dolls for children living in orphanages!! How cool is that? I can do that! I would love to do that! And I'm going to do this with so much love in my heart. My dolls might not come out all that professionally (I'll show pictures of my progress) but I'm going to put all I've got into it. Would anyone like to join me?? Sarah gives a basic pattern but you don't have to stick to it. And you don't need to be brilliant at sewing. Do you think this is a good idea? Then head on over today!

16 comments:

Kat said...

That is really neat! It's about time to save for a sewing machine if I could do that with it! AWESOME!!!! (p.s. You are such a blessing to us!)

Eve said...

Thank you Kat, you and your family are such a blessing to me!

Yes, sewing is so much fun, I hope you get a sewing machine soon. First try Freecycle in your area, someone might have a machine just waiting for you! :D

Lisa said...

How awesome! That sounds right up your alley! And who knows, maybe one day you could sell them to raise money for your own adoption! :)

Amber Randell said...

I want to personally thank you for visiting my site and for all of your precious comments. I can't wait to share more ideas with you and hope you stay in touch.

http://throwitinthebagfashionblog.blogspot.com

-Amber Randell

Eve said...

Hi Lisa! It is right up my alley and I'm working on some right now. :D Maybe I could sell dolls to raise the funds for our adoption! (can't be with this pattern though) but that's a great idea!! Thanks for that!
**************************

Hi Amber! Your blog is much fun, with unique ideas, I'm happy to follow. Thanks for visiting me. See you around!! :D

Christie said...

Eve,

First, thank you so much for praying for us!! I never doubted that you *honestly* prayed for us!!

Second, your heart for what breaks God's heart is infectious. Thank you for being an example to others. Using your talents and gifts in order to bless others.

Christie

Eve said...

Hi Christie! Thank you, I hope I can always use my talents and gifts to bless others. That was sweet of you to say. :D

Deborah said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement! Your blog is beautiful, and so are you! I really enjoyed reading about the headbands. My little girls likes her short hair, and plastic headbands hurt her head. I don't like to hurt her head or tug on her hair...she's had enough pain in her little life. I will be making her handbands:) Her curly hair is so pretty - the headbands are just what she needs.
Thank you. God bless you.

Deborah said...

I am going to add you to my "Places I like to visit" list. Is that ok?

Sarah-Jane - SiliconeMoulds.com said...

that's such a really nice thing to do. Something that you are not only good at, but enjoy and can pass on even more enjoyment to others

Tinuke said...

Hi Eve,
Let me encourage you by saying that God is our ultimate provider and the He has the final word. He has put the desire in your(youself and your spouse)heart to be parents and he will bring what he has started to completion, regardless of what "Man" thinks.

I just want to let you know that I have a contest and giveaway on youtube. It will end on July 16th. There are amazing prizes from MAC Cosmetics to Milani. There will be six winners. You can also just comment for a chance to win a prize.The link to my makeup channel is on my blog, Fierce Beauty. The video is also there. Have a lovely sunday and be blessed in Jesus!!!!

Hugz,
Tinuke

Tasha said...

I just read a comment you posted on my blog awhile back and wanted to say thank you for your kind and honest words. I will be following your journey through the adoption process. My best.

Eve said...

Hello Deborah! Welcome to my blog, thank you for visiting. I think you beautiful little girl would find that these don't hurt her. You can add me to your blog for sure! Thanks!!

**************************
Hello Sarah-Jane, Yes, I love sewing and hope to use my talent in some way to brighten someones day. I think the dolls I'm making will do just that. Thank you.

*************************

Hello Tinuke, thank you for such great encouragement, I do feel it's in my heart to be a parent one day, and I'm going to be a good parent too, God willing. :D I will check out your giveaway, thanks for the heads up!!
**************************

Hi Tasha, thank you for visiting me! Yes, I did leave a comment a while back, I closed the page before following and didn't remember your blog name days after that. So I'm glad you arrived here today! Cool beans and Rice! Thanks for following!

Cathy said...

I think the dolly idea looks great! And what a brilliant way to use your gifts. I know it may not be the right time for you guys to start the adoption process. God's timing is always perfect. If there are things you're not sure about, BAAF (British Association of Adoption and Fostering) have fantastic advisors you can ring and chat to if you wanted to find out if the things you think could be blocks really would be.

Eve said...

Hi Cathy,
Thank you very much for pointing to the BAAF, I will check them out. I didn't know about them, I appreciate your sharing of information :D All the best!

Michele said...

you have a very good heart eve. you and your husband will be in my thoughts. also, i think i might join you in the dolly donations! thanks for telling us about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...