Saturday, July 10

Wearing Braided Hair

Here I am pictured wearing something weird and unusual; Braided Synthetic Hair.
It's not weaved into my own hair, but technically still on my head. Can you see what it is? 
Hanging from my ears are my latest jewelry creation made with synthetic fibers.  Since I've gone natural and started wearing my hair in an afro, my unused packs of fake hair were taking up space underneath my bed. I don't like wasting stuff, so I said, "Hmmm, what else can I do with this stuff?"

If anyone has any ideas, do let me know. 

But I came up with one fun idea I thought was worth giving a try.

I braided two long stands of fiber, and strung plastic hair beads on them. I twisted them into swirls and stitched them in place with needle and thread, then sealed them in hot water. Then I used a strand of leather to wrap the top, then included gun metal jewelry findings to finish them off.



Now, I - personally think hair earrings are uniquely creative :D plus they look really cute matched with a beaded necklace that previously belonged to my Mom. 
But I'm not going to wear these earrings outside of my house. Why?
Because I can almost already hear someone saying,
"Oh no she didn't?!  Or,
"Some people just got too much time on there hands." Or,
"What she needs to do is put that hair on her head and stop playing."

One of these statements I would agree with, hahaaaa.
But before anyone thinks that I have too too much time on my hands, and starts calling asking me to do stuff, think again. I have dolls to make! Check out my Dolly Donations post to see that I'm a busy little bee. :D

Honestly, would seeing someone wearing hairy earrings gross you out?

12 comments:

StephanieDJL said...

LOL you can't even tell they're made from hair! Cute idea bb

~EssenseVibez~ said...

GURL, SEND THEM TO ME--I'LL TWERK THEM FOR YA--YOU MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING N YOUR HANDS WITH THESE--RETHINK IT!!!

JIN said...

LOVING THE FRO + JEWELRY

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Those are cute! Can you really tell they are hair? I can't from the photos. Wear them if you like!
heather

Rotterdam said...

WOOOU
LOVE THAT FRO,
YOU LOOK VERY GOOD

Eve said...

Hello Stephanie and Heather! I might not have gotten the best shot of these earrings to better show it's braiding, but these fibers are made to look like human hair, it feels like it too :D Thanks
*************************

Hello Essence! If I make another pair, I'm sending them your way! :D They're a bit tedious to make but it's kind of funny to think someone would buy them. :D
Thanks!
****************************

Hello Jin and Rotterdam! Thanks for complement on the fro, it seems to be getting bigger every week. I'm quite surprised. :D Both of you have awesome fros!

Faith said...

hahahaha, you make me laugh. i never would have known they were made from hair if you hadn't said so! LOL.

~EssenseVibez~ said...

an' you know imma rock them gurl!!!

Eve said...

Hello Faith, I'm trying to think of more things to do with these hair packs, maybe a necklace. :D
******************

Hello Essence, and if I make a necklace you'd have to rock it. heheee. :D

Cheryl Lynn said...

I think that is absolutely fabulous! Wear them, girlie. You earned the right with your ultra creative self!

Bravo!

Eve said...

Haha, Thank you Cheryl Lynn, You know I'm trying to think outside the box, - heheee

Divamom said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! Girl, you probably have a money maker on your hands! I'm sure you could sell those at the beauty supply shops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...