Friday, August 6

Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips


I've been trying to make Banana Tear and Share Bread but my yeast WONT rise!

I found this Banana Bread w/ Chocolate Chips recipe on a blog, that for the life of me I can't remember the name. (Plz contact me) It's an excellent recipe, and doesn't require my arch enemy yeast. It's sweet and moist and yummy, and smells so delightful. Try it yourself.

The Ingredients are:
1/2 cup softened butter (not melted)
1 cup sugar (or artificial sweetener)
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs well beaten
1/4 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. salt (I would leave this out myself)
1 tsp. baking soda
 1/2 cup plain oats or oatmeal
1/2 cup nuts (I used chopped walnuts)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C degrees

In a bowl mix butter, sugar, eggs and chopped bananas with a hand mixer until soft. (It will be a little lumpy because of the bananas)

I don't own an electrical hand mixer, so I tend to go crazy handmixing with a fork. 
 

 In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt and baking soda. Then add the oatmeal into the dry ingredients.






Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time until completely mixed. Then add nuts and chocolate chips.

 Pour into a greased loaf pan.
 


Bake for 50-55 minutes.


Slice and enjoy! Yummy!

22 comments:

cheeky curves said...

Why Why Why, Oooh it looks so good I dont even have to try it, not that I dare too as am glutten intolerant. but I may just try it when we are having a family get together.

Tinuke said...

Eveeeeeeee, that looooooks yummy!!!!!!. I have to make this for my kids. They wil love it.

Uma Preve said...

OMG, that looks so delicious! I want it all! I think I will give it a try, maybe this weekend! I have three bananas on the kitchen top! hehehehe!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Eve that looks positively sinful! I want some now!! I love banana bread with chocolate chips!

Eve said...

Hiya, CheekyCurves, too bad you are intolerant to glutton, but I think your family would enjoy this a lot :D
**********************

Hi Tinuke, your children would love it I think, please do tell me if they do :D
********************

Hello Uma, those bananas are just waiting for this recipe! My hubs tried it with butter spread on, that taste good too :D
*******************

Hi Heather, thank you, it is delicious, but I left out the sin and used artificial sugar :D hahaa

Kat said...

Okay, so you are making me SOOO hungry....eat some for me please!!!!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Eve you are so cruel. You know I am trying to lose weight!

MOMSWEB said...

I loooove banana bread, but never tried it with chocolate chips. Sounds delicious!

Michele said...

banana and chocolate is one of my favourite combos! i make a muffin with these two and can easily eat most of a batch of 12 by myself, sadly.

your loaf looks divine!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Eve!

Your banana bread lookd so yummy, and thanks so much for sharing the recipe with us. I love banana bread and a chocolate lover too!:o)

Enjoy a most lovely weekend.

Smiles.....

Beverly

Marla said...

You being mean, now! I want some of that!:-) Have a great weekend, beautiful!

Doreen McGettigan said...

That looks soooo good! Why do I always find these great recipes late at night? Because I am a crazy night time blogger.
I am a new visitor and follower; I hope when you get the chance you will hop over for a visit..
doreenmcgettigan.blogspot.com/ they say everyone has a story..

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Eve, you are very naughty indeed;-)
I love banana cake but I cannot make to save my life. lol. I usually visit my favourite cafe in Paris for a slice of goodness.
Ah, so delicious and toothsome;-)

agnes said...

miam miam, je vais tester ta recette, merci pour ça

Eve said...

You all are so funny! I'm Sorry that this looks soooo delicious :D

If anyone tries it, plz let me know. It's not the best thing for a dieter, heheeee, but who doesn't deserve a treat every now and then????

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Yumminess!!! Omg how fabulously delicious. Oh now I'm so gosh darn hungry!! Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe I will be making some for the man that's for sure. This is great. Hope that you are doing well my fabulous sister. Take care.
V

Dana said...

Looks yummy

waitingarms said...

That looks like health food to me - bananas and oatmeal! I can get my fruit and fiber with this one. I can actually eat this without feeling too quilty about the extra pounds I am trying to loose.

Blessings.

StephanieDJL said...

mmm this looks so good!

Uma Preve said...

Eve, I am making this cake now! It's in the oven, I cant wait to taste it! Yum Yum! Thanks for this recipe!

Kathy said...

That sounds so delicious!

Uma Preve said...

Eve, I am baking this cake again tonight. I love this recipe. Daniel helped me mix the ingredients too. He loves it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...