Monday, August 2

Weekend Fun

Hiya, I hope you've had yourself a wonderful weekend.
I surely did, and have a wonderful week ahead full of doctor visits and eye exams. Yippie me! :D

I've realized that for this blog I haven't shared a lot about my surroundings, which is a shame because I live in such a beautiful county called Devon. I'm surrounded by stunning countryside areas and lovely beaches, one of which I live straight down the road from.  There's lots to do here, and my town is actually a tourist hot spot! It really comes alive in the summer with art exhibits, festivals, carnival, aquatic events, etc.

Hubs and I went for a tradition Sunday walk this weekend. Here's a look.  

A beautiful wheat field

Great sunshine and blue skies.

Walking forest grounds (or resting the puppies I should say)

The greenery is just awesome, although sometimes I still get afraid that a wild tiger or lion might eat me in the forest. And by the size of me, that'll be no small feat, giving my husband plenty of time to go run for help. heeheee

But he says he wouldn't run and would defend me to the death and besides there are no wild lions or tigers in England.


But I'm not the type to stand around waiting to see what's about to eat me. Right here is where I almost became a complete blur of lightening, but it turned out that it was only two squirrels making noise in the grass (this time).
Hey, whatever can catch this, deserves to catch this, is what I say :D 



I'm not afraid in the city, I'm scared to death in the forest! But overall I do have a wonderful time enjoying the great outdoors with my hubs.

Do you find that it's always last on your list to explore and enjoy the area where you reside, preferring to have adventures in other cities, towns, counties, states, countries?? :D

When I lived in New York, I'm kicking myself now, I never quite enjoyed the city to the extent to which I wish I could now. And if I should ever move out of Devon, because one never knows where God might place you, I pray not to look back on my time here and wish I'd spent more time enjoyed it.

And so after hubs and I enjoyed the walking, the fresh air, and wonderful nature, we went to the most manufactured place on earth. McDonalds!! :D



Happy Trails!

Here's to Enjoying All That's Good in Your Area!

28 comments:

Dawn - "Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Yep....gotta love those tiny English roads.....they scare me - I am not used to them, but whenever we visit people whip up the road- YIKES...as my mother in love says- breathe in :)

RenJac said...

Love the photos, The one of yall 2 is so adorable

JIN said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SCENERY...I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT EXPLORING AWAY FROM HOME. WHEN I LIVED IN JAMAICE I NEVER TOOK NOTICE OF JUST HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS. NOW WHEN I GET OFF THE PLANE AND EXIT THE AIRPORT I'M IN AWE OF THE MOUNTAINS AND EVERYTHING...BUT THOSE ARE GORGEOUS PHOTOS

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I adore the scenery - and how painterly the pictures are!I agree with you on exploring.

Haupi said...

There's nothing wrong with Mickie Ds' in my book - but where you live is just beautiful, but where's the English beach? I guess you'll be posting pictures u of that later, right? Smiles. Great pictures.

Haupi

Brooke said...

Eve, You leave the sweetest comments. Thank you! Where you live is so beautiful! Its like looking at a postcard. Looks like you had a great weekend.
Brooke

Courtney said...

I love peeking into people's lives (with permission, of course!), and seeing where they live. These pictures are beautiful. You are very lucky to live in such a lovely place!

Loving The Reflection

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

I'm reading a Rosamund Pilcher book right now and it's just lovely to see real England as I read about it. Thanks for sharing!! It looks like a painting!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Eve!

Your countryside is indeed beautiful! I would love to visit England someday.

Love the photo of you and hubby, the two of you look so sweet together.

Beautiful post, thanks so much for sharing. Enjoy a lovely week.

Smiles....

Beverly

cheeky curves said...

Dont you just love the english country side, and you are so lucky to live in one of the most beautiful counties, not so good I suppose when you have to share it with a load of tourist, but then having a beach within walking distance how cool is that, thank you for sharing great such great photos

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

those are beautiful pictures Eve, it looks so serene and peaceful. I'm going to share a few pictures of my daily surroundings and it will be a sharp contrast to yours. I do enjoy the City and I love exploring it too.

Danielle said...

You too are such a cute couple! The pictures are beautiful, what a beautiful place you live in!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Those pictures are so beautiful. You're right, I would LOVE to visit your countryside. I guess I should try to take advantage of some of the beautiful places here in Michigan like Mackinaw Island and the great lakes.

Have a wonderful week, sweetie. You and your hub make a nice couple and I'm glad you enjoy each other so much.

Kathryn said...

Eve, what a gorgeous area you live in! It makes me want to take advantage of the city I'm in...even though it's small. There's so much to see even in a small town. And good point, you usually don't quite realize what great surroundings you had until you've moved somewhere new.

Glad that you're enjoying England! :) Cute pics!

Kathryn

Marla said...

So cuuuute! Seems like those "kids" had some fun, huh? You live in a gorgeous place, girl!! Wow! Look at that first picture: it is like a painting!
Kudos to everything. Thumbs down to McDonalds. lol (kidiiiiing)

Love

Faith said...

what a gorgeous place! i am in love! you are just too cute! and hilarious about your tiger and lions comments! :)

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Gorgeous scenery. Thanks for sharing.

Kimmie said...

What beautiful landscape you are surrounded by.

I didn't realize you lived in England. Funny...about 6 months ago I prayed for God to send me a friend from England. (I bet it is you dear Eve! Our God does answer prayer you know!)

I LOVE England...it has been several years since we have made the trip across the pond...due mainly to adoptions. But I have a hankering for a nice pot of tea and some scones with clotted cream (yum).

I love that picture of you in the wheat field...beautiful composition and saturation of colours.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Eve said...

Hello EVERYONE,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and for enjoying these snapshots of my area!!

London is a Huge City and a 4.5hour drive from Devon. Devon isn't exactly stick town, but it is very serene and peaceful and beautiful here, as some of you said the area looks like a picture :D

Dawn, I'm over the scare of the tiny country lanes now, as you know they are two-way lanes, so when face to face with another opposite driver, someone has to back up until able to park in a ditch! I love it!:D

I was really serious about being afraid of tigers and lions though :D

Haupi, I shall do some pics of the beach down my road! Thanks for asking :D

All the best everyone!

Eve said...

Hello Kimmie,
Yup, I've lived here for almost 5 years now, and I love it.

That's wonderful that I might be that friend from across the pond you've prayed about :D I know that I bug you with adoption questions, please forgive me :D I'm usually not that annoying.

I LOVE cream teas too! Because of my diabetes I can't enjoy them often but when I do- watch out! Yummy! Thanks for mentioning this, I might have to post about creatm tea! heheee

LESAPEA MUSINGS said...

Hey Eve, I back from my long carnival weekend. Lots to see and do, but I kept out of the revelry, thats not for me. But i missed coming to your blog, so here i am. Iloved this post , you and hubby look as snug as two bugs in a rug. I mean that in in a good way ...LOL.

The last photo is my fave. So glad you are in my (blog) life.

Luv Lisa xx

Dana said...

It looks like a wonderful spot to spend a Sunday afternoon. We plan on exploring the 50 states, a new state every year.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Eve thanks for stopping over and your sweet comments about my Montreal pix. I won't bring up the cupcake because I know it would get us both in trouble!!

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

heather

Ruby said...

ahhh a wheat field!!!! i go crazy when i see farm land now here on the east coast its so pretty to me i just wanna jump in and roll around. Cali only had trees where i was from like orange trees lol. What a great view. btw i just went to NYC for the first time and it was amazing :)

Rosalynn said...

Wow! It looks lovely. The sky is so clear, I can't wait to visit England.

crystalblu said...

Lovely picture story. Appreciate the time you gave to share your world. I look forward to going to England.

MOMSWEB said...

BEAUTIFUL nature photos! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I found your blog (smile).

agnes said...

très jolies photos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...